Monday, January 28, 2008

May 21, 1992: Montana Memories

Jingle Bells, Ducks, and Stallions

In my diary:

I found an entry in my diary that said Rachel and I went to the Stallion show on May 12th, 1992. This is in part what I wrote on that day.

May 12, 1992: Tonight Rachel and I are going to the Royal Lippazzan Stallion show...Other hilights: Our baby female mallard duck has returned with a mate and she is sure tame....seems to remember us well. Her mate is a bit warier, but is more tame than I would have expected....Joby is over five months already and is so amiable, healthy and strong. He plays with toys now, and is gentle when he touches faces...Last night the kids and I talked about what it would be like to lose each other, and Michael was especially sad. He went and got everyone drinks just to be nice.

May 21, 1992: Today is very rainy. It is so wet it seems funny. Last night Dave planted some seeds, so hope they all don't run away. Much has happened. Rachel and I went to the Royal Lippizzan Stallion Show. That was so special. I think she sometimes spent more time playing with Joby. The kids had their Spring concert at school, and we had a community outside barbeque that was weather perfect. My goose eggs were quite the hit. Rachel was cute as she did square dancing. David got a lot of laughs as he announced his song "Jingle Bells" in May. Michael's birthday party is today at school.

No comments: